Monday, March 2, 2009

Is the Rumor True? Are You Cursed If You Attempt To Write The Story Of The Bell Witch?




There are nine main rumors and facts about the Tennessee Bell Witch, a poltergeist who haunted the family of John and Lucy Bell from 1817 to 1821.

Here are the details about Rumor #2 of 9:

When the Storytelling Professor at ETSU in Johnson City, Tennessee, assigned me to write the story of the Tennessee Bell Witch for a Halloween Storytelling Journal, various librarians and storytellers told me the following rumor:

Rumor: Anyone who attempts to write the story of the Tennessee Bell Witch is cursed.

Fact: Researching and writing a short story about the Tennessee Bell Witch back in 1990 did not curse me; however, it did give me the willies as I felt some kind of presence around me as I conducted my research at the Kingsport Public Library in Kingsport, Tennessee.

Do you want to read the short story I wrote from the perspective of the teenage daughter named Betsy Bell? Go to my FREE GIFTS page at 

Free Gift & Other Fun Stuff.
Click on the FREE GIFT button. I will e-mail you the PDF attachment of the Bell Witch short story written from the point-of-view of Betsy Bell. Other stories are included in this attachment as well. 

Three years later, in 1993, I began writing the book that you see listed below. For more details about this book, visit the Bell Witch section of my Ask DJ Lyons website at 
Bell Witch Book, Show, & Secrets.










No comments: